Today, is the final week of my 4 part work from home series. In case you are just joining us, you can click on the links below to see what you missed….
You might be thinking what in the world is a little black book for business? Well, just that! You know, the vault where we keep all of our secrets, the ways we get from point A to B. Ya, that’s my little black book. But, one day it hit me! I can’t keep all of this information to myself, I need to share it with others who are looking for the same very thing I am doing. So, that is why I am unvealing my little black book and sharing it with you today!
I think every blogger or person working from home in any job needs to have a list of resources that they refer to. Although every field is different, a lot of the same services and products can be used to help streamline business tasks and make you more efficient so you can spend less time on the activities that are not productive or income producing and more time on the activities that are.
Since blogging in 2011, my outlook has changed dramtically. What started as a hobby, has turned into a full-time income working about 15-20 hours per week from home. Who would have thought? The following list are the tools and resources I use and highly recommend. Feel free to share this post, pin the images, and bookmark for future reference.
Specifically, what I use here on Blissfully Ever After
- WordPress: I recommend WordPress as a platform for hosting your blog and/or website. It is free, user friendly, and offers a lot of widgets to choose from to get your site to where you need it to be.
- Bluehost: is a great option for initial site hosting. As your traffic increases you may need to go to your own server, but Bluehost does offers great options for initial set-up.
- Genesis Theme: I LOVE Genesis theme. I jumped right in and could navigate easily, there are lots of customizable options, and the security features are better than anything else I’ve seen.
- GoDaddy: This is where we currently host our domain name, which is your blog or websites URL.
- Outright: This is a great online program to track income and expenses and keep your business organized leading up to tax time. You can even print tax documents right from the program. If you’re looking to streamline your business, Outright is key.
- GoToMeeting: We use this program for all of our online webinars for Project Dream. It is easy to use, professional, and offers highly quality results.
- FreeConferenceCall: We use this call service for all of our team calls for Project Dream and I absolutely love it. You can track who was on the call and for how long, can record calls, and the best part is, it’s free!
- Mailchimp: We set up all of our email marketing and newsletter subscriptions to go out through Mailchimp. The quality and ease of use is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. You can design beautiful newsletters, link in your social media and ad campaigns, create autoresponders, and plop your blog posts right into the design fields for a weekly post update. You will love it!
Images and Photos:
- iStockPhoto: You can purchase highly quality images from here to use for marketing, book launches, blog series, newsletters, etc.
- PicMonkey: This is the only photo editing tool I’ve used over the past couple of years and it is really easy to use and is free unless you want to add on upgraded features, which is my book was totally worth, especially if you purchase a years worth upfront.
- Rhona App: This app is amazing and what I use for my photos on Instagram. Highly recommend and for only $1.99 it’s totally worth it!
- Hootesuite: Schedule out all of your social media posts from one location. Fast, easy, and really streamlines the time you spend on this aspect of your business.
- Bitly: You can shorten URL’s to shorter versions that are easier to remember and are customizable.
- Pingraphy: If you haven’t used this yet, you are totally missing out! Schedule out all of your pins on Pinterest for several months at the click of your mouse. Talk about time saver!
- Passionfruit: Such a great tool to use if you will be offering advertising on your site. Forget about worrying which ads will expire, which ones need to be moved around, and taking payment. Passionfruit does this all for you and is very reasonably priced.
- Timetrade: You can create professional emails to go out and the recipient can choose from your calendar on meeting times. This is great for calls I hold with those interested in joining Project Dream. No more emailing back and fourth about times, just choose, click, and done! The appointment automatically gets inputted into my Outlook calendar.
Have another resource we should know about? Please leave it in the comments below.
We hope you’v found these resources helpful. If you are not currently working from home and are highly considering it, then these are great places to start!
Want to learn more about joining Project Dream International?
Living Well Spending Less // Tatertots and Jello // My Repurposed Life
Making Home Base // Serenity You // It’s Overflowing // Nifty Thrifty Things // Suburbs Mama //
The CRAFT Blog // Home Stores A2Z // Today’s Creative Blog // Not Just a Housewife //
Chef in Training // Bowl Full of Lemons // Domestically Speaking // Savvy Southern Style //
Design, Dining & Diapers // House of Hepworths // Stone Gable // Common Ground // 36th Avenue //
The Shabby Nest // Miss Mustard Seed // Funky Junk // Thrifty Décor Chick