DIY Desk {coffee table turned office desk}

524 Flares Twitter 1 Facebook 4 Pin It Share 519 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 524 Flares ×
Oh it’s a glorious day!
Our family room transformation is coming along great and along with that space we are also transitioning our formal dining room into our home office/craft space. I am so excited to share with you our DIY desk {coffee table turned office desk} makeover!

You can view the initial post on how we made over our $20 coffee table and console table Craigslist finds HERE and see more posts about this overall transformation here….

We recently turned our former coffee table into our office desk for two reasons. 1) The coffee table was too large to fit in between our sectional and 2) I didn’t want to get rid of the table, so my Hubby and I came up with the idea to make it my office desk. Perfect!
Here is a look at what the coffee table looked like when we purchased it {used}
Pretty bad eh?
Here she is after some light sanding, primer, and a couple coats of nest feathers paint {this is a special mix of paint we have around here from a lady who owned a cute shabby chic store and had a color made called nest feathers cream….I LOVE IT!!}
We purchased an old farmhouse table off of Craigslist for $15 that was in really bad shape but the legs were awesome! All we needed were the legs.
Better but now the whole desk needed a good painting
Ah much better!
We love the way she turned out!
What do you think? Could you see yourself working from this desk?
I find it makes paying bills a little more easier now…wink wink

Linking to these parties:
HERE
Today’s Creative Blog

HomeStories A2Z

Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)

Comments

Now that is thinking outside the box! To have the vision to know that the farmhouse table would be become a desk married with a coffee table is so darn smart. I bet the old legs from the coffee table could be used for a DIY bench. Great job!

The desk turned out great. Thank you for linking to the Home Decor and Organizing Link Party. I’m featuring it today and I pinned it to my link party pin board.

I could totally see myself working at this desk. It’s bright and welcoming (love the use of the mason jars!). And, since it used to be an oversized coffee table – it must be bigger than most desks. I love extra room!

• says

Thanks, Jenn!! You know my biggest advice for using Craigslist is when you are on the hunt for something search the site every day and even a couple times a day. One time I found the electric fireplace and hutch I had been searching for for years all in the same night. You never know what is going to pop up! Thanks for saying hi…I hope to keep in touch! Cheers!

• says

Thanks, Liz! I used polyurethane but I wish we wouldn’t have because as you are familiar it yellowed the finish. On my upcoming projects, I plan to use wax {probably Annie Sloan} to seal the paint and wood. Thanks for stopping by.

p.s. I love your ideas and blog! Cheers!

I love that French Country look of the distressed white paint. This is an awesome DIY project that looks really fun and manageable. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

A vacuum is the most successful of cleansing tools;
    it can also be the costlier. You can find several different sorts of vacuum
    with several different features. So before purchasing a premier vacuum cleaner be sure you understand what kind of
    vacuum cleaner is most suitable for your requirements.

Picking the best hoover might be perplexing. To help make points better you should be aware of
    what the different kinds of vacuum are, what the main characteristics it is possible to find on a vacuum-cleaner, and desire you variety of flooring you will be employing a vacuum-cleaner on.