Our Laundry Room Makeover {for only $100}

1.2K Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 7 Pin It Share 1.2K Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 1.2K Flares ×

If you follow me on Facebook, then you have seen a couple of my sneak peaks that I posted of our Laundry Room.  But, just in case you are only receiving updates via my blog {you really should join me on Facebook}, then this $100 Laundry Room Makeover reveal is going to be your first! Either way, this post is exciting!!!!

Join my community on Facebook HERE

A couple {ok maybe a few} weeks ago, I showed you this BEFORE picture of my Laundry Room.

I told you how this space was really small, dark, and drab and how I planned to make some improvements to lighten it up, create a little more space, and give it some color and style. I posted my inspiration pictures HERE. You can also see more of my inspiration pictures for this space and all of the spaces in my home by visiting me on Pinterest.

Here is an up close of what our cabinets looked like BEFORE

Did you happen to notice the big door in the way?? That was one of the main problems in this space. Both the Hubbs and I couldn’t imagine bringing in a car seat through the garage, through this tiny space and trying not to hit the washer, dryer, and door.  It was too much!

After some creative design planning, searching magazines and online for some inspiration, and then putting everything together, this is what we came up with.  Did I mention that this entire makeover only costs us $100? Well, yes, that’s right! Only $100 and we have a COMPLETELY NEW SPACE!

Have I ever mentioned that my Hubby was in the United States Marine Corps? Well, he was and this was our wedding day/reception. He wore his dress blues and looked oh so handsome J
Here is the ironing board holder we made. You have probably seen these showing up all over blog land after Shelly from {The House of Smith’s} designed one about a year or so ago. We absolutely love ours and thank her for the inspiration! Our ironing board used to sit in another room and we had to drag it out every time we wanted to use it. Now, it is where it should be, looks pretty, and doesn’t take up any floor space.
DIY laundry room wall art

Ok, let’s take another look at this space BEFORE and AFTER

So, what do you think?

We are thrilled with the results and couldn’t be happier that this space looks COMPLETELY different, like another house even, and we did everything for only $100!!!

Check out our feature in a local publication The Perfect Move Magazine!

Comments

So pretty!Beautiful Job!! I recently redid our little laundry nook (with the help of my hubby)…still have a few finishing touches to make but it’s a cutie!

Jennifer, I just saw your post on Coastal Charm and had to come over to see! What a beautiful transformation! You laundry room is so bright and cheery now. Great job! LOVE the laundry sign. I am now following you and I hope you will follow me too! God bless!

Hi Jennifer,

I’m hopping on over from Coastal Charm, and I’m so glad I did! Love your laundry room makeover – this is something similar to what my hubby had in mind for our laundry room makeover, so this is great to see what the “finished look”, looks like! :) We just moved into a fixer and have the TINIEST of budgets when it comes to redoing our home to make it functional (and more aesthetic to the eye), so I love how your blog has different projects listed (and low cost too) – I am your newest follower! :) Looking forward to your posts!

Best,
    Jessie

I am a new follower and Absolutly Adore this makeover!!!

I now have it saved in my “Laundry Room Inspiration” Folder.

Great work!!!

Kelsey
    houseofmazzone.blogspot.com

Wow! That looks amazing! I’m getting ready to paint my kitchen…I hope it looks that good when I’m done! I’m your newest follower & hope you’ll stop by my new blog & follow along too!
    Thanks,
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

That looks so great! I really love the horizontal boards on the walls — did you add those yourself or were they already there? I might need to bump up my laundry room redo on my very long list of to do’s.

I saw this on Remodelholic and had to stop over and tell you how awesome your laundry room looks! Taking the door off the center cabinet and painting them white was a great idea. I love the detail on the walls too! Great job.

HUGE difference! Love your color choice, the grouping and baskets on the shelves, and especially the ironing board rack. I think I may skip on over to her blog and snag the directions for myself. PS, gotta love those dress blues! My hubby is currently active duty and I swear I count the days til the Birthday Ball so I can see him in those babies!

I have a special spot for ‘laundry cupboard’ placements. Love the freshness of your makeover. A great transformation. I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I have no doubt I will enjoy engaging and supporting this wonderful space you have created. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

10. Anonymous says

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Can you please share with me what color you used? I love that color and have been looking for it for a while.

What color paint did you use? I have been looking for the perfect color blue for my bedroom and THAT is it! As soon as you reply, I am going out to buy it and get started! :)

Sorry if you’ve answered any of these questions already, but did you replace your light fixture? I too have a windowless laundry room, and hate our dingy little light. Looking for a fixture/style that will add more, brighter light! Also, what paint brand/color did you use? It’s lovely!

You both did an amazing job! It is very inviting…almost makes me want to come over and do your laundry! LOL Keep up the great tutorials. I love your posts.

14. Lori Rowe says

Love it! Love it! Very inspirational. Love the signs too! Is there a tutorial for those? What color paint did you use to paint the laundry room. I love the contrast between the white and pastel color.

Thanks,
    Lori

How To Delete Facebook Messages If how to get more twitter followers
    small business organisation are describing this substance.
    I can flush how to get more twitter followers small-scale business organisation go inditing and mailing a squeeze, you only use mortal elses.
    And the semantics of that is Google, go get
    this hunt railway locomotive definition single
    file right-hand when the when I do, I favor Classic Retweet.

Amazing room! I have been looking for this color blue. I just went and picked up a sample of Crystal Blue and it turned out pretty dark. Did you lighten it up at all, and by how much? Thanks!!!!

• says

Thanks, Sierra!
      The color is Crystal Blue by Valspar, but we had it color matched in BEHR Ultra paint from Home Depot. It’s been awhile since we purchased this color….it may have changed? Hope this helps.
      xo,

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you’re working with?

I’m having some minor security problems with my latest website and I’d like to find something more
    risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

18. Pollyanna Reschke says

Hey Jennifer, Great job on the laundry room. I fell in LOVE with your sign. Can you send me a link to your tutorial and who do you use to make the vinyl graphics on the sign? Thanks a ton!