How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath

140 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 12 Pin It Share 128 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 140 Flares ×
I know I am not the first to post about a coffee filter wreath or a tutorial on how to make one, BUT, I just love them so much and couldn’t wait to share the one I made and how I made it.

Follow me on Facebook for more crafts under $10 HERE!

So here is my wreath completed.  Don’t ya think she is pretty! Even my Hubby was amazed that coffee filters could make something look so good J

This is how I made her:

For this project all I used was a foam ring I found at Hobby Lobby {I used a 40% off coupon, so total was $2.68}, a package of {natural} coffee filters, and my trusty glue gun/glue sticks.

To begin, take a coffee filter and pinch it into a “flower,” then hot glue this to the inner lip of the ring. Repeat this process until you have an entire ring of coffee filters completed.

You should have something that looks similar to this….

This is what the back of my wreath looked like after adhering the first layer of coffee filters.

Continue to add rows of coffee filters to the wreath, working from your first layer towards the outside of the ring. Once you have completed all layers, you can go back in and fill in areas that need more VAVOOM.

Since I knew I would be hanging my coffee filter wreath on my entryway mirror, I made sure the back of my wreath had coffee filters too and that the inner lip of my wreath was completely covered so that the reflection would look good.

I added brown ribbon to the wreath and hung it from a push pin just above my mirror.  I am very happy with the way it turned out and feel it adds some texture and interest to my entryway and it also brings the eye up, making my ceilings feel taller.

Did anyone notice I distressed my entryway mirror?

So I think $2.68 and a little DIY creativity really made a difference in my entryway!!

Have you ever made a coffee filter wreath?

If so, I’d love to see it!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)

Comments

Your wreath is beautiful. I really like it’s fullness! I would be delighted for you to link one of your progects to Potpourri Friday actually the current one is still underway & a giveaway!) with link up on Thursday afternoon. Please do check it out!

Hi Jennifer!
    Im your newest follower and friend.
    I love your wreath!
    Ive never seen natural-coloured filters..so great!
    I made a white one last year (onChristmas Eve) for my sister and I loved how it turned out and Ive been wanting to get started on another one for this year for our own home.
    I will look for the natural ones this time too!
    Have a great weekend..looking forward to getting to know you!

Deborah xo

3. Anonymous says

You can dye your white coffee filters with tea…I did and they are very naturally colored. Now for figuring out how to actually make the wreath…

Hi Jennifer! I was browsing around your blog this morning after having received my email from you and I watched your DIY video where you were featured on a show. I saw your wreath again and ended up back at this post. I see that I had already commented here at an earlier date, but I have to tell you that I did find the stained coffee filters almost right after I did my white coffee filter wreath 2 years ago at Christmas time. I found mine at No Frills grocery store (Canada). I was thrilled that they actually had these and I wouldn’t have to try to tea-stain them myself!
    So I’m so glad I popped in here today..it was a great reminder to get my filters ready and hot glue gun and get cracking’!
    Christmas is upon us!
    Thanks again for this great tutorial! You are a sweetheart!

Deborah xoxo

The product is distributed by Clinical Products based in St.
    Meal replacement shakes are nothing more than supplements for an inadequate diet.
    In addition to the high fat and preservative content of
    many of the foods we eat that keep us tired and fat, we don’t get enough of key nutrients, fiber and protein.

6. Jessica says

I love this website! I just bought my home and I am looking to do DIY projects! I am a little scared, but this gives me inspiration! Can anyone tell me were I can find the wainscoting tutorial? Thank you for this website!

• says

Hey Jessica!
      You know, we never did do a tutorial on installing the wainscotting in our living, office, and entry. We should have! We will be doing more tutorials on installing board and batten and planked wood walls in the new house, so stay tuned!
      xo,

7. pat mann says

Couldn’t find unbleached coffee filters so dyed my own. Took a little time, but after making a stong solution, using tea bags, dipped each one, then spread out on brown paper bags to dry. Didn’t take too long, as I blotted a stack on paper towels first, then separated them, one by one. Turned out great.

Trackbacks